Sunday, April 17, 2011

Brother Dwen Gritton, My Dear Freind & Brother in Christ

DWEN-MY BROTHER & MY FRIEND
About the time Lynn & I met him 14 years ago
“When Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly” (Acts 18:26).
Brother Dwen was Lynn and I' Jamaican Apollos. I found him in a Jamaican synagogue testifying how God had saved him the year before. It was his mothers church where I was holding a revival with a few visiting brethren. They were very emotional and the only one I found to be genuine and spiritual that night was Brother Dwen. That was 1997 when the Lord (Rev.8:3, 4) from the storehouse of heaven answered the “prayer of the saints” stored there on behalf of my mission work.
I preached in Missionary Baptist churches scattered in several states expressing my burden to relocate to the island of Jamaica and begin a mission there. I had asked humble as I knew how my church friends to bow and pray, that God would send a Jamaican brother as I knew no other could help me better than a native of the island. That year was 1996.
After meeting Dwen I soon found he was saved in the spring of the year the same time while I made this cross-country mission tour asking the churches to pray for such a one who like Timothy has become like my own Son. What an awesome God preparing the path for me in Jamaica I must trod.  That was this spring 14 years ago. 
 In the fall of 1998-after a year of going with me over the island preaching in the Jamaican synagogues and in open-air meetings in public market-places with a number of US preaching brethren; Brother Dwen was moved to become a Baptist and what a thrill to bury my brother in the watery grave after he died and was saved, 16 months after the fact. He was the first to be baptized of 27 into the fellowship of Goodson Missionary Baptist church.
“And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters” (Gen 1:1). Almost like Moses was describing the origin of the ocean waves. The Caribbean Sea was a turquoise green and made a heavenly baptismal scene; as I knew that the Heavenly Father was well pleased and favored our undertakings; as the Lord God had been with John the Baptist and Jesus His Son in the Jordan River.   
Brother Dwen
First Jamaican Baptized
September 1998
                                             

Brother Dwen, Sister Carlene, & Sister Donna baptized together
"unto the place the rivers come, (Sea) thither they return again" Ecc 1:7    
                                                   
This brother unlike the others in Jamaica has seen his brother saved, his sister saved, 3 of his cousins saved, and a number of friends. I have baptized six of his kinfolk & freinds  into the fellowship of Craighead.  It sounds like a great payday from the Lord for his longtime service to the Missionary Baptists.
 He is my designated driver over the island after I braved the roads of Jamaica for two years I gave it up to my best friend Brother Dwen in Jamaica. He is loved by all Church & US friends and I beleive will help his brethren carry on the work when I'm gone.

Dwen & Me March 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment